World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Kinwood, Texas

Article Id: WHEBN0017072407
Reproduction Date:

Title: Kinwood, Texas  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Louetta, Texas, Rose Hill, Harris County, Texas, Satsuma, Texas, Houmont Park, Texas, Traces, Texas
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Kinwood, Texas

For the community of Kingwood, Houston, Texas, see Kingwood

Kinwood (formerly Kenwood) is an Unincorporated community along U.S. Route 59 and the Southern Pacific Railroad in Harris County, Texas, United States located four miles south of the city hall of Humble.[1]

History

Kenwood became Kinwood when the postmaster discovered that there was another community called Kenwood. State highway maps show that in 1936 Kinwood had a church, a sawmill, and several residences. A post office opened in 1945. In 1948 Kinwood had 156 residents. In 1952 Kinwood had one business. In 1958 Kinwood had two businesses. When the post office closed during that year, mail was delivered from Houston. In the 1980s the community had three churches and several residences.[1]

Education

Kinwood is zoned to schools in the Aldine Independent School District. Zoned schools include:

References

  1. ^ a b Kinwood, Texas from the Handbook of Texas Online
  2. ^ "JOHNSON ELEMENTARY." Aldine Independent School District.
  3. ^ "ESCAMILLA INTERMEDIATE." Aldine Independent School District.
  4. ^ "HAMBRICK MIDDLE." Aldine Independent School District.
  5. ^ "MACARTHUR SR HIGH." Aldine Independent School District.

External links


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.