World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Evangelical Seminaries of Maulbronn and Blaubeuren

Article Id: WHEBN0002695616
Reproduction Date:

Title: Evangelical Seminaries of Maulbronn and Blaubeuren  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Education in Germany, David Strauss, Blaubeuren Abbey, Ferdinand Christian Baur, Hermann Hesse
Collection: 1556 Establishments, Educational Institutions Established in the 1550S, Schools in Germany, Seminaries and Theological Colleges in Germany
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Evangelical Seminaries of Maulbronn and Blaubeuren

Maulbronn courtyard and church

The Protestant (Evangelische, Gr.) Seminaries of Maulbronn and Blaubeuren (Evangelische Seminare Maulbronn und Blaubeuren) in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, are two Gymnasien (high schools) and Protestant boarding schools in the Württemberg tradition.

Until 2008, grades 9 and 10 were taught in the former Maulbronn Abbey, and Grades 11 through 13 in Blaubeuren, partly in cooperation with the Gymnasium Blaubeuren ("Blaubeuren High School"). As of 2013, the two schools exist independently of each other. While both schools share their commitment to classical (Latin, Greek and Hebrew) and modern languages, music and religious education, the Maulbronn seminary especially focuses on the European culture tradition, whereas Blaubeuren places special emphasis on internationalism and the interdisciplinary dialogue between theology and science.

The seminaries were founded as Protestant schools in 1556 by Christoph von Württemberg in order to provide a broad education for gifted boys. Since the schools first admitted girls in 1969, the seminaries have become a leading co-educational boarding school for talented pupils.

Alumni

The alumni of the seminary have included:

External links

  • Evangelisches Seminar Maulbronn
  • Evangelisch-theologisches Seminar Blaubeuren

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.